The upcoming match-up between the 0-6 Replacements and the 2-4 UndeFEETed in the Saturday
ClevelandPlays co-ed touch football recreation league in Tremont, Ohio has great playoff implications for both teams. The Replacements, as indicated by their team name may be looking to substitute in some new talent to get them over the hump this week against an UndeFEETed team that is excited to welcome back 4 of its starters. Sidelined last week with carpel tunnel from excessive studying for upcoming Podiatry midterms, the heart of their line up was decimated due to injury. The Replacements have faltered a bit in the last 6 weeks culminating in a devastating forfeit last week due to lack of replacements for the Replacements. UndeFEETed is also looking to bounce back from its 3 game losing streak, as back up quarterbacks failed to supply the leadership, and on field dominance their starter, Nathan Rossi, had delivered in previous weeks. Now, with a full roster they look to regain ground in the hunt for November post season play.
Bold Prediction: UndeFEETed wins 35-21
Keys to Victory:
1. With the return of its full Female roster, UndeFEETed, should look to take to the air, with deep passes to its star wide received Danelle Boone. Coming off two full weeks of rest, she is expected to bring her deep ball dominance back to the field.
2. Steph “Sticky Fingers” Petrofski will be asked to deliver her mid range skill set, providing the sure handed receiving that UndeFEETed QB Rossi will need in 3rd down situations.
3. The tandem of Shea and Sam need to find open spaces for the short yardage throw, helping the QB elude what should be an intense pass rush by the Replacements this week.
4. UndeFEETED should be ecstatic about the return of their big tight end “Protein” Joe. With his sure hands over the middle Rossi should have a field day with the opposing defensive schemes.
5. DEFENSE: Its time for UndeFEETed to plug the holes on defense that has plagued them the last few weeks. Led by defensive specialist Rob “Woody” WoodCock, we can only hope with the full roster together for the first time this season that they can figure out how to stop the opposing offense. If they can do this a Victory is imminent
Undefeeted sponsored by: Press Wine Bar, Tremont, Ohio
Credit all authors of images used in both article and as cover image : Kaan Gencer