Comment below sharing your favorite Stuart Scott catch phrase or on-air moment. I listed several below many of which I was reminded of recently. My favorite (for which I use frequently)… Boo-ya!
For those of us in our 20’s / 30’s, we will take Stuart’s personality and on-air attitude for granted. For sports journalism (at least on television) it was all we knew. He identified with us. For many, he was a role model. He talked like we talked. He did it his way.
– “You actually have to try to be that bad.”
– “It’s a double for Cal, his mom thought it was a homer.”
– “The big 7’1″ 330 lb. brother who strides like this up the court after bringing down the house”
– “Call Kunurko Butter Because He is On A Roll”
– “As cool as the other side of the pillow.”
But probably his best,
– “When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer, you beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and the manner in which you live.
So live. Live. Fight like hell.”
R.I.P. Stuart Scott
Credit all authors of images used in both article and as cover image : ESPN