CANTON, Ohio- It’s been awhile since I last posted a health and fitness article. The last article I wrote about, dealt with people that are trying to gain muscle and add weight. That just so happens to be people like me.
Now I want to write about motivation. It’s so important to stay motivated when it comes to eating right and exercising. One of the things that every person falls victim of? Getting caught up in the same old routine. You have to find new ways of doing things. Just like everyday life. You can’t continue to do the same thing every day and stay fresh with life. Sometimes you should take a different route to work. Maybe doing something different during the day. You get the point.
I personally have to change what I eat weekly, or it gets old. Two weeks ago, I ate a lot of salmon. Now, I’m getting a little bored with that, and I need to switch it up a little bit.
You should always look for new ways to keep refreshing both your diet and your workouts.
I constantly get on YouTube and look at how different people do their workouts. You should subscribe to fitness channels from people that you believe, trust and think will help you get to where you want to be.
When you can find different ways to stay motivated, you’ll continue to want to keep at it and you’ll find yourself wanting to work harder as well.
Some of the ways you may find a way to stay motivated….
- New clothes. Who doesn’t want a good reason to have to buy new clothes? Also, workout clothes. It’s fun to wear clothes that make you want to look good while working out. I just ordered some copper wear for my joints. I’m excited to wear it because I know it’ll help me out in the long run.
- Trying new supplements. I love pre-workout drinks. They really help me get into the right state of mind. I also love branched chained amino acids (BCAA’s), I know they’re helping me recover faster during a workout. How about the varieties of tastes when it comes to a protein shake or anything else? Again, they can be fun.
- Working hard each and every time you work out knowing that you just helped yourself feel and look better little by little.
- You can’t forget about having a work out partner. When you have someone pushing you and/or someone you want to try and out work, that’s a great situation to be in. Plus, it helps to build better relationships of any type. I used to work out with my manager and that helped create a good bond between my boss and I.
- Don’t always work out in the same place. I’ve been to at least four different gyms. There’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, you need a change of environment and being around different people. Trust me, it works.
- Loving who you are. Yes, I’m talking about self-confidence. When you feel good about your outside, that can translate to being in a very good state of mind.
- The nice weather months. Chances are you want to look your best once the cold weather months leave and you’re outside more often. That’s a huge motivator for me.
I’m sure there are plenty others that I’m just not thinking of, but, my point is, you need to always be looking for ways to stay motivated. And think about this. Sometimes your attitude becomes contagious and other people start thinking…….look at what he or she is doing, and look how much better they look. Why can’t I do that? Wait I can, and now, I want to.
You could be that person that makes a difference in someone else’s life without even knowing it.
One thing you can always do, is add a large mirror to your bathroom that you shower in. That almost forces you to look at yourself in the mirror and think to yourself…..am I happy with how I look and feel? It’s something to think about.
Don’t forget to check out swolesports.com. Right now, you can save 20% on your orders and there’s free shipping on orders over $50. I use both, the Branched and pre-wrek supplements. I encourage you to at least try one of their products and see if it helps you.
Credit all authors of images used in both article and as cover image : Nick broulis