- Fergie cannot sing, should not sing, and the national anthem and everyone who listened to her perform it live at the 2018 NBA All-Star game in LA, or on TV deserves an apology. That was terrible.
- LeBron and Kyrie are still bros and maybe, just maybe the media made all that nonsense up about Kyrie and LeBron having bad blood. It makes you wonder if there is more to the Kyrie leaving Cleveland story.
- Durant and Westbrook’s relationship isn’t broken, they were having a great time together, and laughing in warm ups. At least its fine until they play each other again.
- The new format is so much fun to watch, and next year the draft needs to be live on TV. The big personalities on these team are so entertaining. The trash talk and jokes would be priceless in a live draft situation. Great drafting by both captains.
- Much respect to the players for taking this game seriously. It will go down as the best All-Star game in modern history. These players committed to playing defense (to a degree) and most importantly it was watchable, enjoyable, sometimes incredible, but most importantly real basketball.
- Winning the game on a defensive stop that included LeBron and Durant taking the winning shot away from Captain Curry was priceless. LeBron will be reminding Steph of this moment in the Finals.
- Anyone who thinks LeBron James has lost a step saw what he can do as a scorer, distributor, and defender. His 3rd All-Star MVP reminds us that he is still the best in the business.
As the second half of the season is upon us, and we look forward we can be very excited and confident that the future of the NBA is in good hands. The young talent is spectacular, but the veteran talent is not ready just yet to hand over the baton. We look forward to the new All-Star format delivering great games like the one we saw tonight in the years to come. With this successful change, there is a glimmer of hope that we will also see the league change the playoff format to the top 16 teams in the not so distant future. For now, happy Presidents Day to all and to all a good night.
Credit all authors of images used in both article and as cover image : Kaan Gencer